- As a Senior Java Developer (m/f/x), you take the lead for agile backend development within your projects, actively contribute implementation proposals and find excellent solutions for technical challenges.
- You dig into a CMS and develop everything from API connectivity to the depths of the frontend to the point where you can operate the stack. You build complex backend systems and connect existing systems with newly developed single page applications, e.g. for a large IoT platform.
- For this, you use modern programming languages and frameworks such as Java, Kotlin, Spring, but also Python.
- You develop with agile processes and professional methodologies such as Continuous Integration, Test Automation, Unit Testing, TDD and Peer Reviews.
- You contribute to technical design and architecture definition and identify appropriate tools, methods, and technologies for finding excellent solutions to technical challenges, keeping the tech stack up-to-date and ensuring high product quality.
- You are a coder who also takes the technical responsibility for the team of developers working on your projects.
- You are a professional leader in your area of expertise and evaluate the latest technologies, share your knowledge with colleagues, mentor juniors, set priorities, work out goals and thus actively drive further development.
- You work in interdisciplinary teams and advise your colleagues and customers as a technical contact person on new projects, products, and features. You understand customer requirements and carry out feasibility analyses and cost estimates in order to create custom-tailored offers and build the bridge between customer and technology.
We expect you to
Bring in what makes you special. This should include:
- A degree with a technical focus, such as Computer Science, or a comparable course of study
- Several years of coding experience in an agile environment as a backend or as a full-stack developer
- Great coding skills as well as the ability to professionally lead a team of developers
- Enjoyment of customer contact; you can provide professional advice both internally as well as externally
- Dreaming of Java and Spring in your sleep
- Knowledge of common build tools and confidence with GitLab CI
- Ability to develop efficient code and proficiency with modern web technologies and frameworks
- Familiarity and routine use of today’s IT security standards
- A specialty in backend development, but no fear of the rest of the technology stack, and you’ve even mastered other areas with confidence
- A passion for clean code, clean architecture, and complex IT systems
- Fluency in written and spoken German required
A typical project would be a website relaunch with an enterprise CMS using the following technologies:
- Magnolia or First Spirit
- Java or Kotlin and Spring
- Maven or Gradle
- GitLab CI
- ELK stack
- REST or GraphQL interface
- Vue.js or TypeScript in the frontend
Do you like to work with modern technologies, enjoy trying out new things, and sometimes think outside the box? So do we, and we’re not just saying that! We offer our customers code sprints, in which a POC is quickly created, and we organise regular hackathons for our employees to try out things we don’t have time for on a daily basis. You will join a team of like-minded people who are crazy about coding and have a strong team spirit, and among whom you can make friends.
What to expect from us
- Challenging projects, variety, and modern technologies
- Constant professional development and the opportunity to try out new things
- Creative freedom within your projects as well as within your department
- A strong interdisciplinary team with low turnover and great team spirit
- Full overtime compensation from the first minute on
- Flexible working hours and home office
- Your choice of hardware – no matter whether it’s a Windows PC or a Mac
- Modern development environments from Jetbrains