- As a Senior Java Developer (all genders) in interdisciplinary teams, you take on a variety of exciting projects, actively propose implementation plans and find creative solutions for technical challenges.
- You dig into a CMS and develop everything from API connectivity to the depths of the frontend to the point where you can operate the stack. You build complex backend systems and connect existing systems with newly developed single page applications, e.g. for large IoT platforms.
- For this, you use modern programming languages and frameworks such as Java, Kotlin, Spring, but also Python.
- You use agile processes and professional methodologies such as Continuous Integration, Test Automation, Unit Testing, TDD and Peer Reviews.
- You contribute to technical concepts and defining architectures and identify suitable tools, methods and technologies to find superior solutions to technical challenges. You also keep the tech stack current and ensure high product quality.
- You are a technical expert in your area, evaluate the latest technologies, share your knowledge with colleagues, act as a sparring partner for younger colleagues, set priorities, work out goals and thus actively drive further development.
We expect you to
Bring in what makes you special. This should include:
- A degree with a technical focus, such as media informatics or computer science, or comparable qualifications in software development with relevant work experience.
- Several years of coding experience in an agile environment as a backend or full-stack developer.
- Enjoyment of customer contact and the ability to provide professional advice in your area, both internally and externally.
- Knowing Java and Spring in your sleep.
- An ability to use common build tools as well as confidence with GitLab CI.
- Developing efficient code and a love of modern web technologies and frameworks.
- Familiarity with and routine use of current IT security standards.
- A specialty in backend development and an affinity for the rest of the technology stack, as well as confidence in other areas.
- A passion for clean code and complex IT systems.
A typical project would be a website relaunch with an enterprise CMS using the following technologies:
- Magnolia or First Spirit
- Java or Kotlin and Spring
- Maven or Gradle
- GitLab CI
- ELK stack
- REST or GraphQL interface
- Vue.js or TypeScript in the frontend
Do you like to work with modern technologies, enjoy trying out new things, and sometimes thinking outside the box? So do we, and we're not just saying that! We offer our customers code sprints, in which a POC is quickly created, and we organise regular hackathons for our employees to try out things we don’t have time for on a daily basis. You will join a team of like-minded people who are crazy about coding and have a strong team spirit, and among whom you can make friends and find listeners or mentors.
What to expect from us
- Ray Sono is an established player in the digital service provider market. The company has retained its start-up DNA, innovative spirit, and an unbroken enthusiasm for digital topics to this day
- Challenging projects, variety, and modern technologies
- An individual development plan and the right continuing education
- You can bring your Nerf gun to the office – if you dare!
- A strong interdisciplinary team with low turnover and great team spirit
- Full overtime compensation from the first minute on
- Flexible working hours and home office
- Opportunity to work in beautiful locations – including the possibility of a workation for several weeks of the year in another European country
- Your choice of hardware – no matter whether it’s a Windows PC or a Mac
- Modern development environments from Jetbrains
- Central offices you can easily reach with your JobCycle