- As a Java Developer (m/f/x), you develop many exciting projects as part of interdisciplinary teams.
- You dig into a CMS and develop everything from API connectivity to the depths of the frontend to the point where you can operate the stack. You build complex backend systems and connect existing systems with newly developed single page applications, e.g. for large IoT platforms.
- For this, you use modern programming languages and frameworks such as Java, Kotlin, Spring, but also Python.
- You use agile processes and professional methodologies such as Continuous Integration, Test Automation, Unit Testing, TDD and Peer Reviews.
- You contribute your own ideas on design, technical conception, and architecture to your projects and support the selection of the right tools, methods, and technologies to find excellent solutions to technical challenges and ensure high product quality.
- You work in interdisciplinary teams and are the technical contact who advises your colleagues and customers on new projects, products, and features. You understand customer requirements and carry out feasibility analyses and cost estimates in order to create custom-tailored offers and build the bridge between the customer and technology.
- You support DevOp activities such as release and deployment management, CMS and database configuration, cloud services, hosting, and monitoring.
We expect you to
Bring in what makes you special. This should include:
- A degree with a technical focus, such as media informatics or computer science, or comparable qualifications in software development with relevant work experience
- Several years of coding experience in an agile environment as a backend or full-stack developer
- Enjoyment of customer contact and the ability to provide professional advice in your area, both internally and externally
- Knowing Java and Spring in your sleep
- An ability to use common build tools as well as confidence with GitLab CI
- Developing efficient code and a love of modern web technologies and frameworks
- Familiarity with and routine use of current IT security standards
- A specialty in backend development and an affinity for the rest of the technology stack, as well as confidence in other areas
- A passion for clean code and complex IT systems
- Fluent written and spoken German and English required
A typical project would be a website relaunch with an enterprise CMS using the following technologies:
- Magnolia or First Spirit
- Java or Kotlin and Spring
- Maven or Gradle
- GitLab CI
- ELK stack
- REST or GraphQL interface
- Vue.js or TypeScript in the frontend
Do you like to work with modern technologies, enjoy trying out new things, and sometimes thinking outside the box? So do we, and we’re not just saying that! We offer our customers code sprints, in which a POC is quickly created, and we organise regular hackathons for our employees to try out things we don’t have time for on a daily basis. You will join a team of like-minded people who are crazy about coding and have a strong team spirit, and among whom you can make friends and find listeners or mentors.
What to expect from us
- Challenging projects, variety, and modern technologies
- An individual development plan and the right continuing education
- You can bring your Nerf gun to the office – if you dare!
- A strong interdisciplinary team with low turnover and great team spirit
- Full overtime compensation from the first minute on
- Flexible working hours and home office
- Your choice of hardware – no matter whether it’s a Windows PC or a Mac
- Modern development environments from Jetbrains